Saturday, November 1, 2014

Internet Safety Week 2

My Dear Fifth Graders,

When you are posting on the internet, here are several things to remember from Netsmartz:
  1. I WILL THINK BEFORE I POST.
  2. I agree not to post information and images that could put me at risk, embarrass me, or damage my future, such as
    • cell & home phone numbers
    • home address
    • sexual messages
    • inappropriate pictures and videos
  3. I WILL RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE ONLINE.
  4. I will not
    • post anything rude, offensive, or threatening
    • send or forward images and information that might embarrass, hurt, or harass someone
    • take anyone's personal information and use it to damage his or her reputation
  5. I WILL NOT MEET ONLINE FRIENDS IN PERSON.
  6. I agree to
    • ask my parent or guardian's permission before I talk with people I don't know
  7. I WILL PROTECT MYSELF ONLINE.
  8. If someone makes me feel uncomfortable or if someone is rude or offensive, I will
    • not respond
    • save the evidence
    • tell my parent, guardian, or another trusted adult
    • report to the website, cell phone company, CyberTipline.com, or the police
Please ask Mrs. Simon to download, print and sign the following:
Internet Safety Rules from NetsmartZ


Watch the following video:
It's OK to Tell!
Turn in a summary of what it is about.  This is the second step toward being able to post on the blog! There are seven videos total.

Is your anticipation *figurative language alert* growing like a beanstalk?

Cheerfully,
Mrs. Simon


2 comments:

  1. I really appreciate that you included "internet" safety tips. That is very important these days. It establishes the tone for your blog & who you are as an educator - one that puts students first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think one of the most important lessons for kids these days is internet safety. I don't think they realize how much trouble things they put on the internet can be for them for years to come. Thank you for dedicating a post just to that!

    ReplyDelete

Students, you may leave up to 5 comments. Don't get carried away!

Before you comment, remember: Is it kind? Is it necessary? Is it helpful?

This blog is to encourage each other and build each other up!